Monday, March 15, 2010

LION-LAMB HANGOVER.



The ambience was heavenly, the stars in the dark sky were winking at us. The cool mid winter breeze was provoking us too. Above all, the Russian belly dancers, with their groovy moves were encouraging us to drink without inhibitions. My friend's bachelor party was in full swing! He was a ripe 36 year old man,the only unmarried lucky guy in our group! and finally had met a girl of his dreams, we were happy to join him in this occasion of happiness and the ritualistic compulsory celebration of pre-nuptial no holds barred party.We seldom get an opportunity to let our hair down.
I was on leave, hence started drinking like a desert-weary traveller. The whisky flowed like tap water,was well lapped by us, thirsty folks.I had decided to get drunk that day.Many a peg flowed in through my lips that day, After dancing the night away with the Russian dancers, we decided to leave for home.That was the last recollection of mine, that night.
I woke up surprised next day, in my bedroom! It was a scene from a movie, Where am I ?How did I reach here? were the questions torturing my now amnesiac mind. A faint headache was trying to grow in intensity, threatening to explode my skull. I went to the break fast table to have my morning cup of tea. Mansi and my dad were sharpening the knives in their minds, my mom never scolds me generally, she believes in a soft caring approach.
What followed later was a decibel shower of harshest berating for me, the worst kind ever experienced by me. Each word was like a nuclear missile and was laser targeted to pierce my heart and soul. When the mighty lion falls down, his entire army of subordinate generals attacks him! The lion becomes meek like a lamb.That was my sad plight. I had no defence, my friends had literally carried me home.What was left to say? Luckily, it was late night and no one saw my state.I was in my lost dream world of the exotic dancers.They expected a responsible behaviour from a grown up kid like me! My wife always thinks of me as a child's soul trapped in a man's body.
I had committed no crime.I had only tried to drive my blues away, have a blast, by celebrating with my close friends. I wished that my family would understand the significance of a bachelor party, A bachelor is going to a prison of a wed-lock, will never ever mingle with us like before, It is a sad sad situation for us. For him, the mirage of marriage looks appealing, but what does he know about the shackled life of married people.
A free bird, eagerly walks in to the cage!
I am happily married, folks! this was just a general feeling.
I pleaded guilty on all counts.I told them that this was the first and the last episode for them.I would never over indulge in spirits again.
I Hang my head in shame, my boogie nights are Over!
Is that the reason,they call it the Hang-Over?

No comments:

Post a Comment