Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE HAUNTED KITCHEN!


We had gone to a posh hotel in our town, It was the costliest one and boasted of the best food in the town with the liveried butlers, the big Italian chandelier and the razzle dazzle of the lights. You could hear the muted gossips of the elite class of people, it was not for the hoi polloi class like me. I was in a splurging mood and hence dared to treat my family there.
I felt like a tenner in a hundred note bundle!
The staff was really nice, courteous and immediately treated us well, Maybe, they recognised our ordinary status and found a similarity between us and them. I thought so.
The food was so attractive that you did not feel like eating at all, I was scared to disturb the delicately arranged toppings. Any case,we finished our meals and savouring the taste, left the hotel.
Of course, I paid the atrocious bill. I realised that they were on a mission to fleece us and yet do it without any semblance of guilt. The dishes were so miniscule in sizes that small babies could have barely filled their stomachs! The pegs were so small in the tall glasses that any delay in consuming them would have led to the evaporation of the costly evanescent spirits.
The next day, I could see all the colors used by them when I flushed my toilet bowl. The stale sub standard food was being beautified and cosmetically enhanced to make it look palatable.But what could be done? It was required in their business, otherwise, the neighbouring hotel would dent their business.
Man wants everything made up, he cannot face the bare simple truth.
A friend of mine told me that they used to recycle the left overs by washing them in hot water and use them unflinchingly on unsuspecting hungry, drunk customers the next day, He was a chef in a 5 star hotel!
I don't like eating out and damaging my delicate bowels.
I need to give respite to my wife and mother who treat the kitchen like a scary haunted room on week-ends and public holidays!
I don't blame them.
Everybody needs a change.
The added colours rule the day.
Paint your guts away!

No comments:

Post a Comment